Sunday, May 6, 2018

Building a Dialogue program is like building a 1000-piece puzzle. There are so many variables -- the locations, the speakers, the host institutions, the host families, and the students. The list goes on. Often time I found myself waking up from a dream, remembering one more piece of information that I needed to obtain from my contacts in China.

After a 10-month preparation and a 9-year trial, I am thrilled to lead my 10th China Dialogue in Summer 1! We have not only a new base in Chengdu, China, but also a strong team of 20 motivated students and two experienced leaders. After lots of readings, discussions, meetings, and writings about China prior to the trip, we are all excited and looking forward to the experience.

Let the countdown start! The next report will be from Beijing, China. Stay tuned!

- Hua Dong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 36: The Final Post

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 The end of a long journey in China. We all woke up this morning after a long night of bittersweet celebra...